Sunday, February 13, 2005

Valentine's Day Eve...Alone in Camp...and living it!

Not a very happening day today, but then again what else would you expect from doing a weekend duty. Particularly if it's your second duty in 3 days. Crap. But still, (as I have always been preaching) there's always another perspective to another seemingly shit situation - at least I was able to grab a couple of hours of precious sleep this morning (yes thank god for his mercy), after staying awake till 6 am this morning since last night.

Haha. Toothache still a constant irritance, but hey I am not going to bow down to it or stuff. It's only pain. Been doing weird stuff cos of that, like doing 100 x situps and 80x pushups, drinking lots of cold water. Like went to refill my 500 ml water bottle at the water cooler in camp for countless times. Very interestingly, I realised this things I am doing actually are beneficial. (Come on man, doing lots of exercise and drinking lots of water. That's the way.) Gotta thank heavens that at least I can do this during my duty. And it's kinda works out that there is no one around to disturb. You can call doing duty alone Privacy or Loneliness. I demand to choose the former. Was thinking that after I ORD in May, there's no way I will be able to get the privacy to do such stuff. So ironically, I gotta thank the Army and my toothache and my duty for being able to do exercises. Hah. Life's a paradox. We can only get used to this and make the best out of anything.

Anyway, also managed to watch some nice and romantic stuff on TV. (Haha..guess I gotta thank doing duty on a Sunday before V-Day for that) That was this Sandra Bullock show where Lucy (played by Bullock) saved a guy named Peter from the railway tracks, and needed to "make" herself up to be his fiancee in order to visit him (in coma) in hospital. It ends up that she was almost forced to live up to this temporary identity and almost ended up marrying Peter, but only to realise she had fallen in love with Peter's brother, Jack, while interacting with Peter's family and waiting for Peter to recover from the coma. The story came to a nice ending with Lucy voicing out at the wedding solenmnisation ceremony about the whole truth, and admitting that she had really fallen in love with Jack instead. Jack in turn, went to her workplace to propose to her. Real funny and happy show.

Okay now after settling some of my work stuff with Guanyu and Keng Han, maybe gonna watch Shallow Hal. Watching TV does help with toothaches. Now it's completely non-existent. Guess it's quite possibly pretty much the power of the brain at work. Wish I can have a good sleep tonight.

(yeah! By the way, it's a new Record. 2 posts within 18 hours! Things looking good on all sectors.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home