Friday, April 29, 2005

The 49th Day - 7 of 7's

Haha...49 days since the last entry! Am I slacking or what? The standard "explanation" (read: excuse) should be things like busy schedule, computer spoilt or some other lame thing, but looking back, I also not so sure whether I was really tat tied down. I dun remember feeling very stressed or wat (somehow recently I can't feel stressed...dunno this is good or bad...Heaven shall provide the necessary judgement in time to come..heh) Well, basically writing this now, cos I had to do something against this devil of procrastination, to fulfil the mission of blogging, haha, and also to account to the "demands" of my sun nus, Qiulin and Wanting plus my "bro", GY. (however I am pleased to note that I realised there are people who nv blog for even longer time than me. Their identities shall be kept confidential for the moment.) Anyway, to compensate for the "ponning" of my blogging duties, I will make up with a RECORD LONG post. muahahaha.


29 April 2005 Friday - Day of Reflection

Also realised I nv added QL and WT's blog link since dunno when. Haha..slacker! Anyway added them liao. Those two everyday blog one. So to those free buggers reading blogs everyday (i hope to get into this group), you probably can add this two nice girls into your daily "reading list". Haha.

Also realised my Street Directory link doesn't work. Anyway, it's "a wheel chair joke" (read: lame!) to put a link to street directory. Really appalled by my lameless last time - what was I thinking of?? Den thought of showing my own address got more meaning - I don't borrow money from people, so nothing to worry about. Haha. If you click the link, you can see that I live very near Bedok Reservoir - although it has been ages since I last run around it. Slack again! Haha..probably thinking of going swimming today after I settle this "blog homework". But of cos not in the reservoir, in case you are thinking about that.

Then yesterday night, after reading WT's blog, itchy hand go and take 2 Tickle Tests: one on EQ, and one on the Right Job/Wrong Job. Hahaha...results still not too bad.

1) EQ Test Results

Edwin, your Emotional IQ is 122.

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Emotional IQ test. But your Emotional IQ score is much more than just a number: it's an indicator of success.

Research has shown that people with high emotional intelligence scores — not necessarily those with the highest IQ scores — tend to be the most valued and productive employees and have the longest and happiest romantic relationships. So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is empathy — your ability to see things from someone else's point of view.

- WT's strength is perception. Haha. Hers got more stuff - like suggestions and recommendation. Mine so short. Guess no need to say so much to someone who can see things in other's eyes.

2) Right Job/Wrong Job Test Results

Edwin, the right jobs for you would allow you to be
Disciplined and Creative

With your skills, you could be earning up to $164,000 per year (!!! ) . Find out which jobs match these skills in your personalized Right Job Report. You, more than others, are ready to pave the road to success. You want to excel in your career and can rely on your developed sense of order to help plot your course. In fact, it is probably your efficient and practical approach that colleagues admire you for. But because of that, they probably scrutinize you more than you think.Despite the fact that your work ethic applies to a number of jobs, you need to find the right job if you truly want to reach the top of your career.

- Hahaa...seems like quite true. (I hope the income part at least. Then no need to worry bout finances le haha - 13.6 k SGD per month!!! Wa...zhun bo?! Can support 5 families with this obscene income.) . What jobs would allow Discipline and Creativity ah? Researcher? Accountant? Engineer? Cham la...I was thinking of using this test to see can narrow down into some occupation. Seems tat I trained myself to be too versatile le. Well, this Job thing is one thing I need to settle by myself I guess. Already got plans under way. Haha...

28 April 2005 Thursday - Deadline

Woke up at about 11 am after some "activities" last night. HAHA. (refer to below section for more details) Den went to sort out some documents for NUS admission, until about 2 pm, my malaysian friend, CK, invite me to play Warcraft DOTA again. Haha. So left my work and played 2 DOTA games until 4 plus. Both also win, hahaha. The 2nd game is most memorable one, cos first time I won a 4v4 dota as the top player. Muahahaa. Was using Slayer hero and killing everyone with the infamous slayer chain - Light Strike Array, Dragon Strike and Laguna Blade - total about 1.6 k of hit points damage. :P.

But play until 4 plus start to panic a bit. Cos I have to submit my documents to NUS by 6! Hahaha.. tried calling the admission office see got alternative arrangements but cannot get thru. So bo bian faster type finish my letter den pia cab to NUS. The driver still ask me which route to go by, he said dunno wat Holland Road and Clementi crap... Wa...stun sia....Lucky I quite familiar with the roads - at least 7 times I go NUS liao. Tell him to go by PIE, CTE den AYE NUH exit. Super fast. Less than 1/2 hour compared to 1 and 1/2 hour i usually need. When I reached the office, I took a glance at my watch before I stepped in. The numbers read: TH 28 5: 49:xx. Safe.

After submitting my docus liao den took 97 from AYE across NUH to Tanjong Pagar. Supposed to meet GY at the MRT at 7pm. He jio me go for a talk. But I reached there at 6.30. So walk around e area until I find this International Plaza building inside got Burger King. Ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger Meal. Got free chicken tenders too. Used my last $50 note. No more blue note liao, sad.

I was happily eating and reading a book until I stole another glance at my watch. 7.26pm. SMSed him whether he arriving or not den as usual he return me a funny msg. But seems that he inside the builiding also. So went to meet him. Hahaha. Then came the joke. He said the talk supposed to be at 20-207. But when we go up to the 20th floor via the first of 3 sets of lifts [they have one set serving 1-21 floors, another High Rise (Apartments) serviing 30- ?? floors and another Medium Rise serving 22-30 floor one - reminds me of the SimTower computer game I used to play last time. Haha. ], only realised the unit number only got 2 digits. 07 dun have 207. Den went in 20-07 and 20-08 ask around den the people there confirmed we were not at the correct place. GY called his contact again. Guess what? 20-207 was supposed to be 22-07. Stun sia. So we had to take e lift all the way down to the lobby - only to find out we could have changed lifts at 21 floor instead, but nvm. Den went up thru the Medium Rise lifts until we reach our destination - Executive Directions Pte Ltd, 22-07 International Plaza, 10 Anson Road. Den the logo dam cute. It was just ed. same as my name sia. So we sat in, listening to 2 speakers, one young (but obviously still older than us) entrepreneur by the name of Ken, tok very drama one, and another lady, by the name of Wendy Kwek. Dunno u all know her name or not, but apparently she was the awardee of the 2004 Spirit of Enterprise Award. Yeah. Nu3 Qiang2 Ren2. The way she brought herself across and asked the audience questions (which of cos subtly demanded a "yes" answer) was with much confidence and "zai-ness" that some people can only hope to have. So in e end, it turns out that they are marketing their course - the Entrepreneurship Action Program, where they coach you thru the process of entreprenuership (and correct your belief systems to improve your METAPHYSICAL aspects - Skills, Expertise and Knowledge), and in which you can actually carry out your very own business ideas within the 7 weeks. Interesting right? Too bad, it actually costs 2.9 k SGD. plus only 4 slots left in May intake. After that den July liao. But tat talk quite interesting, talking about how to set up a business with no money down (we thought it must be MLM, but doesn't seem like it in e end), and how come 90% of buinesses fail within the first 5 years. hahaha. Find out more for yourself if you are the business type.

===========================================
Just received a call from SMU admissions telling me I shortlisted for the Undergrad sponsored Scholarships under SMU Accountancy. A bit stunned considering so long nv hear from SMU liao. 4 May 2005. 2 pm. So qiao. Immediately strike my mind that 4 May 11 am I having another interview at NUS. To be safe i asked the girl whether got any later slots and changed it to 3pm instead. 4 hours of space should be safe. Wa looks like 4 May is judgement day liao. So symbolic that it's one day before my ORD. 5 May 2005. And so happens that 5 supposed to be a special number for the Pagan religions, referring to Venus, and so happens Venus is the house for my star sign, Libra. Is this a Dan Brown conspiracy or what? Only the heavens know. Haha.

===========================================


27 April 2005 Wednesday - Mambo Night!

Wednesday. Haha. First time I defeat my malaysian fren CK in DOTA 1v1. He always been so pro. But today I got Medusa - Gorgon. Can shoot 6 arrows at one time. By the time we max out our levels, I had one Butterfly (attack speed), Burize (critical damage), Monkey King Bar, (i threw away my deso, at CK's reco too, cos it reduced my 6 arrows into 1), Cranium Basher(stun), Lothar's Edge (wind walk - stealth) and Power Treads (overall speed). Hahaha. so powerful in e end kill all CK's creeps and my minions swamp his base. His Juggernaut cut how fast also cannot take e onslaught. *Feel a surge of power and ego running inside my system.*

Later in e night, went to Orchard MRT to meet my colleague, Terence and his upperstudy, my ex-colleague David. Grabbed a yummy Tempura Burger at Mac, help YX tabao one quarter pounder den went to take 16 (those who experienced one should know where i going liao hahahaha...) Reach tat place liao den met Tian, YX, Ryan, Jeg, Derek, and more surprising Joshua - last time jio him he always dun wan go, dunno how he was persuaded. Maybe give face to Tian, cos his birthday? Hahaha.anyway glad that he came cos also like my last clubbing be4 ORD. Or maybe cos it's free cos Tian he "subsidise" all e cover charge. Add up become 180 bucks liao!! Dam axe. Den later we go in liao, the people like very disoriented like tat. Still early like dunno what to do, also dunno wat to drink. Den met tiong and his two girl friend (or rather one girlfriend and another girl friend, Evelyn and Cat respectively) Tiong helped Tian made the decision to order 6 Jugs (with 1 for 1 before 12 mn become 12 jugs) instead of 2 bottles (surely > 300 bux). Only problem is, it's 6 jugs of gin tonic (!!!) and 6 jugs of bourbon coke. Later I realised i should have recommended something else. cos "club virgins" like josh and terence cant really take e taste. I barely could tahan gin tonic. It's supposed to be cooling but gotta admit doesn't feel good. Especially one Jug of it. In e end drink liao like got stomachache like tat sia. haha.

Den at around 12 midnight, Ben pia cab down from his workplace at AMK Motorola. Went out to get him. Around e same time, QL msged me to ask me whether i inside liao. Den came e funny part le. I asked her where she is. Den she always reply me "dunno" and stuff. Den her msgs very cute one. still will have CAPS one sia. Thought she really high liao. hahaha. In e end yesterday tok to her, den realise she drank 4 glasses at Chinablack liao (tat explains why), den confess she cant really be bothered bout anything else except jian fei with her hr frens (tat explains y for e 2nd part, sun nu do bad things dun wan let yeye find out..haha) Den e best joke is after tat next day when we "investigate", we realised we may be back to back sia..both of us say we just in front of the red-shirt guy - the guru who seems to be always there and know all e hand signs for all e mambo songs one. LOL. Maybe we too engrossed in our own group. both groups got 12 people. Her one got 10 girls 2 guys, ours got 2 girls 10 guys. Parallel universe? Haha...Not fated means not fated. Anyway wat's impt is both of us had fun. Hahaha. Also remind me tat Cat, tiong's fren, always disturb me say i dance very funny. haha.. bo bian i dunno how to dance ma. she always see me dance den wanna laugh. hahaha..so i follow e way she dance. den she laugh even more. hahaha...funny girl sia she. Den got some time she like get a bit pissed cos the guys were pushing each other around (towards her, wat else? 10 guys 2 girls wad u expect? haha...den e other girl e bf wif us somemore..no need to say liao), den got a few times she left our group, possibly to find her frens, but still come back in e end. haha..weird girl (but i guess all girls are weird) haha. So in short it was a good night. In e end reached home at around 4 something. bathed den stone a while in front of computer den next day zzz till 11pm (see earlier section)


26 April 2005 Tuesday - Crazy Tuesday

Went back to camp today, 2nd day since my permanent clear leave. Was supposed to see my Commander, but when i reached heard he was busy with giving a talks (he likes to give some special talk on the "Learning Organisation" theme). So went to canteen have break with my regular kakis.

Den around 4.15 received a call from Terence say Commander waiting for me. So went into his office had a talk for me. Den quite stun cos in addition to writing me a very good testimonial, (first time i think he did for any of the clerks), and also gave me a book 365 Dalai Lama's Daily Advice from the Heart plus a nice notebook with a compass and a covering having our Centre's logo. He told me bout the need to find my purpose and goal (at least for e next 10 years) and tat to aim to be e best in watever i going to be. Even if I dun get my first choice course. Den he explained his gifts, saying that the Book was to provide me with daily inspiration, when I feel too stressed and cannot take it, e words of wisdom would be able to come in handy, and the notebook would be for me to write my goals and aims and the compass on it would be always for me to find my correct direction. Usually i dun get much chance to interact with him, even tout tat he was quite separated from what was happening in e centre. But after this talk (and last friday's one) I saw him in a different light and respect, mainly becos of the great honour he had given me and the esteem he had for me while sharing wif me wat he felt he must let me know. I really quite grateful for his appreciation of wat I have done. Suddenly all the possible grudges I had for army seemed to have evaporated. Again, this proved that a great leader knows to appreciate whatever small things his followers have done goes a long way to improving morale and happiness in his camp. Leadership lesson learnt. A small gesture of appreciation, no matter how overdue, goes a long way.

Later decided to go early my student's house at Punggol for tuition cos the dudes were suggesting to meet later to get my colleagues' birthday present. Reach her house liao, her mother cooked fried noodles for me. So nice. Haha.. I always lucky can get nice stuff to eat almost everytime i give tuition. (Maybe the parents like me? Hahaha...think i getting fat from tuition food sia) My student ask me bout Poisson Distribution tat day. At first I quite stunned, cos so long ago, forget formula liao. But my skill still around. So brought her thru e question slowly, (managed to sneak peek and recall e formula too...muahah...secret tuition skill...dun follow) At first, cant help my student solve all e questions. Got one on conditional probability and one on Expectation. But in e end I found out e correct key. Determination pays in maths. Haha. Treasure sword not yet old. LOL...

Den later pia to Tampines TM meet YX they all. Turns out they already had some REAL KINKY ideas for e present liao. Hahaha. They bought a inconspicuously looking bag (e rectangular type sling one) den inside got very JING BAO stuff! They bought a box of sexy disposable G-strings for him (!!), den got a tube of blue eh.... lub******, den still short of one thing, vibrating con***(!!!!).. they went around Tampines Interchange to find 7-11 see got or not. But dun have, so in e end go back to TM basement, see NTUC got or not, but nope. Only the common ones....hahaha...So we walked out of NTUC..find e surrounding shops...Seems like guardian also dun have...den they saw it...In Watson's....Costs $13.90 for 2. Den came an interesting problem, who's gonna buy it?? So bo bian, this kind of situation den got a bunch of guys, solve by e most primitive way, oh ah pei ah som. So there it goes. First Round. "Oh ah pei ah som", we shamelessly voiced in e shop in front of our "goods". ALL WHITE! Siao liao. So try again. I nv really think so I thought of switching colour. So again, "oh ah pei ah som!" ALL WHITE EXCEPT ONE! HAHAha....siao liao! Fated sia, but bo bian..for my friend's birthday I thought. Josh handed me e cash, while YX handed me e "package". Den I coolly walk to e cashier, flushing any funny thoughts from my mind. I was thinking if kena male cashier not so bad, but tat slacker at tat read newspaper, den only got tat girl cashier. Haha...Heck it la, i thought...it's just a transaction of cash for goods. Only this "goods" more "special". So I paid e money, only e hear those IDIOTS shouting "WAAA!!!" behind me as they passed by one by one. Helpful sia, guys... hahaha.... Lucky e cashier professional, nv laugh....hahaha... Well at last e deed is done though. Hopefully I wun need to go thru this again...haha...

After finish buying e present, den the guys came out wif a siao idea to go Josh's house to play PS2 thruout e night. Haha...those crazy nutcases. I thought, tmr i still on leave, nothing on, so I got nothing to lose compared to those siao one tmr still need go back to camp. So I also on lor, in e end waited for Josh's mother to bring me home to collect my PS2 first den go on to Josh's BIG 2 storey bungalow at Bournemouth Road, near Chung Cheng High (Main). We took some milk, coke and green tea from e fridge den go up to Josh's room and set up e PS2. Hahaa...Took turns to play Winning 11, but seems like cannot defeat YX. Closest is lead him first half 1-0, den cos brain tio jam, slide too much, 3 people from my team send off, so in e end 2nd half kena trash, in e end defeat 4-1. -_- hahahaa. After winning 11, they tried Resident Evil Outbreak, but tat game only one player can play, plus it's a long game, so in e end change to Dynasty Warriors, play the VS mode, each one choose their general den challenge. hahah....all sorts of pattern come out...got people choose heros such as Diao Chang - Dong Zhuo's god daughter, Da Jiao, Xiao Jiao- Sun Jian and Zhou Yu's wives....Got people go around use their arrow to shoot arrow instead of fight properly with their sword or spear. Den got people just keep running around to avoid e enemy when health red, waiting for their "power" to charge. Hahaha...Halfway YX went out to watch AC vs Juventus....I intended to watch...but later decided to stay in e room to rest...in e end i rem 4 plus i still awake...see them play back Winning 11, den I think I dozed off liao....haha

22 April 2005 - Friday - Last Working Day of Camp!

Just finished my last duty yesterday, and now today was last day. Plus only half day of it. Cos in e afternoon had to go for OCBC Scholarship interview. The past week had past by quite quickly, especially since I had to spend a Saturday in camp for my last weekend duty, den e weekdays was always busy with the ongoing reservist InCamp Training. Yesterday den have time to get my clearance form signed. Den still have to meet my Commander for clearance and to ask him to help me write a letter of recommendation. Turns out he shared with me a lot of impt stuff which furthered raised my self awareness and things. Especially since now i at the point of making e most important decision in my life.

After my last lunch in camp, I had to rush home and change for the interview. Really super rushed. Needed to pia cab down to OCBC Centre at Chulia Street. Supposed to start at 3pm. Reached there in time and luckily it dint really start so soon. So had time to get some rest and shut eye. E HR lady, Marianah, e one who called me up for e interview, was kind enough to brief me about e interview, saying it's conducted by two senior personnel, Mr Loh and Mdm Betty from corporate finance and wealth management respectively. Den she tell me got 700 applicants. Den i am one of the 30 shortlisted for e interview and only 6 will get e scholarship. haha...e problem is getting shortlisted is less than halfway dere, not really sure bout my chances. Cos the interview also quite strange. Asked me about my family and my mother's work, and also asked me about e local banks wat i think about them. I remember being asked bout the two IRs (integrated resorts - seems like e government just approved them) and e social and financial issue tat follows with gambling. I dint even remember them asking bout my university course. Well, tat's a very welcome deviation though. Hope can get, den no need to worry so much for my education and my brothers'. Den can treat my sun nus too. hahaha.


14-22 April 2005 - In Camp Training

My last days in camp le. Purposing plan my leave to help out, den superiors nothing to say. My last contribution to my centre le. Starting to feel like a civillian. Haha...


5- 9 April 2005 - Under Training

Was attending this free course at Walton International. It's about e innovative idea of Land Banking. Very detailed and very informative. Learnt a bit bout Town Planning and lots bout Canada. Almost felt like attending my sec sch geog teacher, Mrs Grace Bok's Human Geography lessons again. Haha...Walton's office has a seaview vantage across Clifford Pier, nice scenery. It's actually at 1 Fullerton sia. E building actually linked to e now abandoned club, Centro. I actually went in and took a look. Din't manage to take picts. Not tat there was anything to take anyway. Just a lot of debris and rubbish strewn around. Lots of dust. Only thing dun have cobwebs yet. Lol.

Thursday training ended earlier, den I managed to go a bit of shopping to get presents for cx and her mother sia. So uncreative and cheapskate, bought soft toy and chocs. Hope both of them like.

1 April 2005 Friday - Under Cover

Actually sneaked into Asia Seminar @ Suntec today sia. Attended a few seminars with my associate, just for informatoin. Got one on telecommunications, 2 on leadership developments and one very interesting one on Brillianaires - How to develop brilliant employees. Hahaha..tat speaker so funny and drama. In e end I bought his book too. Felt that wat he said quite interesting. Hahaha...I always add a spending compulsion when it came to books. Jialat.


26 - 30 March - ????

As the title suggests, I seriously dun remember what happened during this time. Hahaha


25 March 2005 Friday - Dual Celebration

Hahaa...today celebrate both my sun nus' birthdays. They really like real sisters, want joint celebration, even though their birthday 3 weeks apart. Hhahaa. Boon, Peggy (boon's gf), Zhi Hui, GY and the two birthday girls. All of us went to nydc@ Wheelock's Place to have dinner. Hhaha..first time I been into Wheelock's Place sia. And also first time I been to nydc. So sua ku until dun even know wat to choose. Only heard that e cheesecakes are nice. E seating arrangement like quite weird. And my 2 birthday girls dunno is they shop too much or wat...very quiet too. hahaha...but it was a nice "family" gathering in e end. Haha...


19 March 2005 - Dual Celebration

Today's my uncle's wedding and my brother's birthday also. He holding his wedding as lunch reception at Amara Hotel. Quite weird to have wedding lunch, but something special i guessed. As long e parents dun mind. Haha. This day quite "luan", my 2nd bro and I were waiting for my youngest brother to return from his Boys Brigade camp, but wait until 12 plus still not back yet. Call his handphone also nv pick up. In e end get thru to him, den he say taking 197 from Victoria School. So we decided to wait for him. E weird thing is, after 1 hour he still haven reach home. This time try to call him again nv pick up. Den my parents also kan chiong keep asking about him. In e end, my 2nd bro say go first, or else miss e wedding. I felt hungry liao so bo bian pia cab to Tanjong Pagar. Later after being one of e last people to have our food, I finally contacted my youngest bro. Apparently, he does off on number 66. From Bedok. Guess where that leads him to? Yeah to Bukit Timah Road, and to Jurong East! Hahaha...Si bei Jia Lat. Unlucky for his birthday. Longest bus journey in his life i guess. Well, at least we could all laugh off at this in e end.


==================
wa finally write finish this huge post. 4 and 1/2 hours. The time chop still register at 1.20pm. but now my watch shows 6.07 liao. Next time must update more timely le.

If u managed to read until here, u must be quite kay poh one. Like my granddaughters. hahha..
Use up quite a lot of brain power to recall so many stuff liao. Totally nv edit and check thru. so anything weird just put in comments ok?
hahaha......
==================

4 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger attitude said...

Haha...can't believe that I read through almost every post (that does not involve gaming-cos those I dun understand!)...ultra long post u have...and happening week!!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger GY said...

There's an error here.It wasn't me who got it wrong at #22-207. Thank you.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger qIuLiN said...

heyhey.. tt's a super duper long post lo, yeye.. hahaa.. the part abt u payin THAT thing in watson, is super funnie lo. can imagine yeye doin tt.. muahahhaha

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger ëDW!Ñ said...

haha...ya e post so long..maybe i dun really know wat i tokking about...maybe inaccurate and stuff...hehah...but hope it's still funny...(ql u better dun laff so much ah...lol )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home